Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend In Review


Our weekend started with a trip to the outdoor mall in Gilbert. We watched while Bodie played on the toys and ate rocks and bark. He did much more eating rocks and bark than actual playing, but hey...I'm sure there's some nutritional value in there somewhere. After Bodie took a nasty little spill off the giant pink mushroom, we decided to move on to the pet store to look at puppies. I have to tell you that Bacho and I are sooo far from pet people, but some of those little puppies were so cute. I think Bacho may have even had a little change of heart about having a little puppy.

We headed over to Joe's Farm Grill (my favorite place at the moment) for some yummy grub. We ordered the Bacon Blue Burger w/fries, the BBQ chicken pizza, a strawberry shake and a vanilla bean shake. Sounds healthy huh? But it was sure yummy. You can't beat an evening under the citrus trees at Joe's enjoying a shake.

Bacho started Saturday morning with a 4:00 a.m., 17 mile (yes 17 mile) run. Bodie and I vegged around like bums while Bacho was running. Man I feel like a loser when he gets home from his runs. But I think he'll be more than ready for the St. George marathon in October.

We ran errands in the afternoon and came home to get the dinner ready for our ward dinner groups that night. We were asked to bring a main course, so we decided on Spinach Chicken Bake (delicious! I'll be making it again soon). I procrastinated on finding a babysitter, so I called my mom and dad and they were kind enough to come spend the evening with Bodie while we went to the dinner group. Thanks Papa and Ma!!!

Since we're new in our ward, we're just getting to know people. The dinner group was a great way to get to know more people. We had a great time. There were 4 houses hosting and about 30-40 people at each house. It was a great turn-out. And let's not forget the delicious food. I could have gone back several times for how yummy all the food was. While we were there I had two of my neighbors tell me they came to see me on my birthday. One brought a dozen doughnuts and one brought a homemade loaf of bread. Sadly, I wasn't home because we were in San Diego. But my goodness. How sweet of them. I think I'm going to like this neighborhood :)

Sunday was up and at 'em for 8:00 a.m. church. Bodie is getting better in some ways to get all the way through church, but in some ways harder. Like every other little toddler, he's into everyone else's stuff. He has two sippy cups of his own, but for some reason the pink one in the yellow diaper bag looks so much more appetizing than his own. It's basically three hours of trying to keep him out of other people's stuff. Thank goodness for nursery in three months.

After coming home, we ate lunch and put Bodie down for what we hoped would be his usual 2 1/2- 3 hour Sunday nap. We settled down for a nap of our own while watching the Burbs (I know...really wholesome) when we heard our little man in about an hour and fifteen minutes. Our naps were short and sweet, but much needed.

We spent the rest of the afternoon playing at home. Aren't Sundays the best. Later that night we tried out a recipe for frozen hot chocolate. It wasn't quite as yummy as I'd hoped, but it helped the sweet tooth. I'll keep on the hunt for a better recipe.
P.S. I don't know what's with Bodie's hair in the pet store picutres. Just a bad hair day I suppose. He looks like he just woke up from a week long nap, no??

3 comments:

terrah said...

That's so great that you got a nice, friendly ward. It makes all the difference! How fast is Baccho running now? My mom will be down running the marathon too! But she thought she'd be slower than him and Jason. I hope your week is great, just like your fabulous weekend.

Kate said...

The 11th Staci. You were close! I just have a freakish memory.


I saw Joe's Farm Grill on the Food Network. It looks so great! We're planning a big trip where we hit all the cool places we see on the Food Network. Want us to make room in the motorhome?

Kate said...

Oh I almost forgot....

Put the miniature schnauzer down and back away slowly. You'll thank me later.