Tuesday, October 20, 2009

He's Not Even Two and a Half

Photobucket
It was 2:00 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.
Bodie awoke from his nap.
His dad and I entered his room to begin getting him ready for church (Because we are the lucky few that enjoy church at 3:00 p.m.)
He was in no mood to be dressed and groomed.
"But it's Sunday," we told him. "Time for nursery...fishies, marshmallows, toys."
"I don't want to go to church and I don't want to go to nursery," he told us back.
"Come on Bodie," we coaxed him. "You love nursery. You can see your teachers and all your friends."
His dad and I stood by the side of his bed and watched him roll over, pull the covers up over his little body and announce,
"I'm really, really sick and I can't go to nursery today."
Bacho turned to me and with absolute concern on his face asked,
"What are we going to do when he's sixteen?"

7 comments:

terrah said...

Wow! Cora hasn't come up with that one yet! It is tricky to get her to church if she falls asleep beforehand. Or trickier still to get her to nursery if she falls asleep in sacrament meeting.

We have 1:00 church that will likely be permanent until our ward splits (not enough classrooms for us to be in there with another ward). 3:00 church? I guess I shouldn't complain!

The DeGiulio's said...

Haha I loved your post that cracks me up he told you he was too sick to go to church.

Auburn said...

hilarious. I love you Bodie Vega.

Zeann said...

Brilliant Bodi!! But Bodi surly you want to see your friends and eat fishies. I would be sick at 3:00 with you!!! Love you

Jan DeGiulio said...

Nursery sounds fun to me! But after I take a nap I feel like he does.

Zeann said...

I have to keep commin back for a giggle. He is sucha doll

Zeann said...

16 much of the same. 18 he will be at the building already because of the other meetings or choir practice and then teach the Sunday School class to the Young Adults and then go to the Temple prep class(like Dallas)with all the guys he graduated with that either have or are waiting for mission calls. And is that an incredible bunch of guys with love and spirit so strong it radiates in everything they do and everywhere they go.