Thursday, October 15, 2009

Flexibility


Photobucket

This morning as I was finishing up my yoga DVD, I was feeling pretty good about things. You know....getting up at 6:00 to work-out, looking forward to fitting into my skinny shorts. Things were good.

As I was nearing the end of the two-legged-hamstring stretches, Bodie awoke and wandered into the family room. He watched me for a few minutes. Then he commented, "No mommy. Not like that. The man is touching his feets."

To which I replied, "It's ok. This is how you do it Bode."

"No mommy, you not touching your feets. The man is touching feets," he said concerned.

"Well, that man is really,really stretchy and mommy isn't that stretchy. This is as far as mommy can reach without doing damage to herself," I told him.

He left it at that and watched me do the rest of those two-legged-hamstring stretches (STILL not touching my feet).

The rest of the work-out wasn't quite the same. The man really was touching his "feets" and I wasn't. Some people were made to be able to touch their "feets" and some of us weren't. But I'll keep trying. Maybe one day I will touch my "feets."

6 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

Haha that is too funny. Your posts always make my day or make me laugh. I cant touch my toes either if it makes you feel any better.

Zeann said...

I can touch my feet but I can't walk, touch the back of my neck or get into any of the cloths I wish I could. My arms are longer than yours. Let Bodie do it with you so he can touch hs feets.
I love your blogs, like Jan I feel good all day after I read your blogs. Love you

Auburn said...

HILARIOUS. Seriously hilarious.

Jan DeGiulio said...

You have very CUTE "FEETS" I love the red nails! Let Bacho touch them for you. You need a good foot rub at night.

Jason and Ashlee said...

Allllllmossssttt there!! You can do it.

Jill Freestone said...

so, maybe this is better than being called a "freak of nature", which is what kenny called me the other night while I was stretching (yes I'm flexible) :)