Monday, October 10, 2011

What's His Shelf Life?



Can I bottle this boy up, stick him in my canner and keep him like this forever?? 
I've decided four years old is the most perfect age of all ages. The tantrums (for the most part ;) are gone. 
He has the best sense of humor.
He goes to school (but not full time so we still get to have jammie days)
He loves dates with his mama.  
His favorite lately is a good ol' trip to QT for a colored drink and 'somethin' with a hotdog in it.
He's so independent and he's the best helper around the house. He'll do anything to beat that imaginary clock.
He's still so innocent and has a super tender heart.  
He cried for 2 hours straight in ET.  Not because he was scared but because he couldn't stand the thought of ET's mom leaving.  He watched that movie to the bitter end just waiting for ET's mommy to come back.
He believes in all things magical. His imagination is in full swing....pirates, cowboys, secret hideouts, hidden treasures and all other things truly "boy"
And my most favorite of all:
He's still little enough to climb up in my arms, make himself into a little ball and ask me to hold him while he touches my face.
I would pay lots of money to keep this sweet little 4 years old forever. I ask him everyday to please stay four years old so I can squish his sqishy little hands. 
His answer to me everyday is the same,
"Sorry mom, I'm gonna have to be a deacon comin' up."

I love you four year old Bodie.

3 comments:

Jan DeGiulio said...

Love this!

Lisa W said...

That is one of my favorite ages for all of those same reasons! And he's right. He will be a deacon way too soon!

katielyn said...

SOOO sweet!