Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mornings With Abby

Photobucket
This was my view this morning as I fed this sweet baby.
I'm enjoying every last one of these moments because I feel them slipping away.
We used to spend lots of moments like this together.
She would let me hold her and snuggle her and feed her.
But she's busy these days.
She has toys to find and carpet to roll around on and a brother to giggle at.
Each morning after Bodie consumes his must-have-cannot-live-without-or-could-possibly-die oatmeal, and after Daddy's lunch is made, I snatch this lady up and I snuggle her and feed her.
It's perfect.
But then her little feet start wiggling and her body gets restless and she's telling me she's ready to get down and begin exploring the world.
So, even if my little baby only wants to be my little baby for a few moments each day, I'll gladly take it and I'll soak in each and every last moment for as long as she lets me.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My little guy is growing up waaaay to fast! He will only be snuggled for a little while and then wants to be on the go! I am trying to enjoy each phase because I remember with Taylen at every age she was I thought was the best stage but then she would get older and I thought that was the best stage...who knows maybe we just love this little ones no matter what they are doing!!

Auburn said...

Love that post and LOVE that baby girls dark, dark EYES! I will tell you that it goes fast and I'm already starting to ache for another sweet baby to hold and cuddle! My Can-Man is no longer a baby at all!

Jason and Ashlee said...

Just think - you can snuggle another baby girl in 4 months. I know it's not the same, but i'll gladly share.

Jan DeGiulio said...

How wonderful you have the brains to enjoy your baby Abby and not rush her on to the next stage of life! You are a wonderful mom!

Emily said...

Look at those eyes! You seriously could just stare into those beauties all day! Enjoy those moments. You both deserve them while they last!

Zeann said...

Squeeze it for all its worth, take all the time you can to absorb all the time she will allow you. Yesterday I was actually able to talk 3 year old Addy into covering me like a blanket like she used to do. She very sweetly obliged, but not the whole afternoon like it used to be, just a little while and then she was gone. But Oh how sweet.

Vega Express said...

Time goes by faster than you can imagine. What I would do to go back in time and suggle with my babies!

Courtney said...

This post makes me want to go into Olivia's room, wake her up and snuggle her until her little legs start to wiggle and wants to get down! It doesn't last long enough!