Thursday, June 11, 2009

You Want a Go Susie?

(Dear Grandma Susie,
We know you would never teach Bodie the Go Susie,
but he named it after you anyway).

Last night our little family sat together on the couch to rest our feet. We were watching Abby giggle and coo at her Daddy. Bodie was playing with his new golf club. Right while he was swinging that little club, his eyes lit up and he scurried closer to the three of us with his great idea. He scooched his way in between Bacho's legs so he could be right next to Abby. "You want a Go Susie," he asked Abby. Abby didn't answer, so he hit (but not too hard or in a mean way) both of Abby's cheeks with his hands and said, "Go Susie," as he hit her cheeks. Abby laughed and thought it was his greatest move yet. That made Bodie think it must be a pretty sweet move too. He turned to his dad and said, "You want a Go Susie daddy?" Without giving Bacho time to answer, Bodie gave his daddy a Go Susie. With his eyes still lit up, he turned his body towards me. "I don't really want a Go Susie," I told him. He climbed up in my lap and gifted me his next Go Susie anyway. My Go Susie didn't quite make contact with my face the way Abby's and Bacho's had, so he decided he better give me a second one. I turned my head a few times and said, "Nah, I don't really want one."
I thought I was in the clear as Bodie started pointing into the kitchen and asking, "You see that Mama? You see that over there?" As I turned my head to see what was in the kitchen, I was given the hardest, fastest Go Susie of the evening.


I WAS DUPED BY A TWO YEAR OLD!!

We laughed and laughed until we had tears and then told Bodie it's not nice to hit.

6 comments:

terrah said...

That is hilarious!

Mel said...

No way! That is seriously so funny. Bodie is a sharp kid.

The DeGiulio's said...

Haha thats too funny! Sneaky little guy.

Mariangel Babbel said...

What a funny little guy! I loved that he tricked you... it made me laugh.

Jan DeGiulio said...

You have a sweet family. Thank you for letting us see a small part of the fun and love you share!

Jill Freestone said...

better watch out - now you're in for!
very very funny!