Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Fruits Of Our Labors

Remember our really, really sad garden??
(It still looks a little sad. Just don't look at the dirt)
Well that sad, sad garden produced some
FRUIT!!!
Bodie and I took a walk outside yesterday and there it was...one little strawberry.
But, that one little strawberry is a big deal for this little family because we've never grown anything!!
Bodie picked that strawberry and ate it.
It must have been good because he said, "Mmmm...Yummy."



Here are more of our soon to be good eatins...broccoli, spinach, swiss chard, avocados, bananas and oranges.



For all of you who can't smell the orange blossoms right now, try imagine smelling this one. It's sweet and smells like oranges and candy mixed together.
Just delicious!

Arizona in March is a good thing.

8 comments:

Auburn said...

Yeah for a garden! I'm proud of you for giving your ONE strawberry to Bode to try!

The Zemp Family said...

That is such a great feeling to know that your hard work paid off! We don't have a garden right now, but when we did we grew watermelon, and the birds and bugs ate them. It was so sad. Good Luck!

Jan DeGiulio said...

Your garden is amazing! I didn't know you could grow all those things there. I'm hoping I can get a tomatoe plant and red pepper plant to grow on our balcony. (Keyton went to the Milan, Italy mission. He served his first months in the ward we were in when we lived there. It was fun to know the people he was serving)

Jason and Ashlee said...

Nice job!!! Pretty soon you'll have so much fruit/veggies you won't know what to do with it. I totally agree with the orange tree fragrance - it's delicious.

The DeGiulio's said...

thats awesome about the little strawberry you found! Shads in charge of planting and maintaining our future garden, which he is hopefully putting in this summer. If I was in charge of it everything would die, Im not very good about taking care of plants

Nanci said...

I'm impressed. You have motived me... maybe I really can grow something here in St. George. So far I've had terrible luck with tomatoes. I really want a salsa garden!

Jill Knotwell said...

You know that is not fair that you get your yumminess early in the year. Here in Utah it is still snowing and so cold the plants still have their coats on. Good luck with your labors!
~Jill

The DeGiulio's said...

We definately went picture crazy thats forsure. I cant even believe we took that many pictures. We took a lot of the same ones to make sure we got some good ones but still. Are you guys planning on going to NYC anytime soon? That makes me feel better that were not the only people who move so much. When we tell people they cant believe it.