Thursday, February 19, 2009

He Says, She Says

Did any of you watch 20/20's What Would You Do a few nights ago? Did you hear the last question? John Quinones asked,
"If you saw your friend's teenage child at the store buying contraceptives or a pregnancy test, would you tell your friend?"
Bacho and I have been having a friendly discussion about this question for the past 2 days. Bacho says he probably wouldn't tell his friend. I said I'd have my friend on my cell phone before I drove out of the parking lot telling them what I saw.
What would you do??

6 comments:

terrah said...

I'm right there with you Staci! And I hope my friends would do the same for me...

The DeGiulio's said...

I'd call my friend & tell them.

Vega Express said...

When I was younger mom my answer would be to tell her right a way. But now that I'm older and I think a little wiser I say no I would not. That mom will have some heartache from what the daughter is doing it is inevitable. I don't want to be the one to iniciate the pain. I may alienate my friend from me if the daughter somehow convinces her mom it is not true... and believe me chlidren have a way to convince their moms. If I was close enough to the family I would let the daughter know what I saw and express my concern to her and advise her to talk with her mom.

Zeann said...

I'm such blurt I probably would have said to the daughter "wHAT IN THE CRYING OUT LOUD IS THAT?" she would know I know and no matter what the excuse realize the bomb could drop with her mom anytime. Hopefully she would give it some deep deep thought and her mom would tell me.

Anonymous said...

It might depend on how the friend was but I would probably really want to say something for sure.

Emily said...

Having been a rather stupid & rebellious teenager myself, I'd definitely say something to the parent. I'd be tempted to say something to the teenager, but ya can't be assured that would do enough.