Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Off With The Pounds

If you know me, you know I love me a bakery and everything in it. But this baby weight (plus some pounds from before) have got to go.
So our family no sugar, no junk food, no soda, no fried foods contest until May is just what I need.
We started yesterday and man am I craving me some sugar right now. I can do without all the other stuff, but I am addicted to sugar. Seriously. It's a terrible habit, but I swear it runs in the family. It's in our blood.
But I'm dedicated. I'm motivated. I'm even excited.
So...here's to the next 131 days (with the exception of a few designated cheat days) of healthy eating.
Bring on the beach!!!

9 comments:

Auburn said...

Shut up!! What a great contest - I want to be in it ;o) I love the idea. I just got done with a biggest loser contest that I was in with some friends to shed the baby weight and now I need some more motivation...

The DeGiulio's said...

good luck! I have the biggest sweet tooth so I know I wouldnt last long!

Lindsay Brummer said...

I love this contest!! Maybe Jeff will do one with me.... but I always cheat : )

Jason and Ashlee said...

Hang in there - it gets a lot easier, and pretty soon - donuts & cookies don't even look good. I always go for fruit or veggies if I really have to have something. Oh...and I found sugar free chocolate pudding that is pretty good - if you just have to have something more.

terrah said...

Wow, I wish I was more disciplined! I can't imagine cookies and donuts not looking good anymore :).

Vega Express said...

I'm right there with you! I haven' had any sugar, candy, soda, rice, bread, cereals since Jan 2nd. I just started South Beach Diet. So it motivates me more to know others in the family are doing something similar. We can do it!!! GoGoGo!!! The Beach it is I want to go the beach too!

Jill Freestone said...

I beat the sugar craving with raisins or craisins or oranges or pretzels or baked tostitos (sometimes the salt does the trick) when I'm off the sweets. Good luck!

Kate said...

Oh I'm totally with you on this one Staci! No sugar and no starches for me until further notice. :) You can do it and then we'll make a donut run when we're finished.

The DeGiulio's said...

no the person didnt get a fake tooth to replace they one they had taken it, it was a molar so its not a huge deal to get it replaced & its mostly the persons preference. Ya well its a good lesson on good oral care & regular cleanings.