Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's All About Family

This weekend is our Ellis Family reunion up in Idaho. Since we've moved to Arizona it's been a little trickier getting up there than it was when we lived in Utah. These last couple of months have been so crazy for us that I didn't think we were going to make it. Just this week I decided I really wanted to go, so I booked my ticket. Bacho has some things going on at work that he can't leave, so he'll be staying home for a guys weekend. He's all stocked up with work, "guy" movies and treats. I'm sure he'll be just fine. Bodie and I are flying up to Utah with my mom and driving up to Blackfoot. I'm so glad I decided to go. I'd really miss it if I wasn't there. Now I just need to find the perfect dutch oven recipe so I can win the cook-off this year (which is pretty unlikely since I've never cooked a thing in a dutch oven).
Be back on Sunday!

2 comments:

Storm Mountain said...

There are many Dutch Oven recipes on the recipe section of the IDOS forums... International Dutch Oven Society.

http://forums.idos.org

And, there are lots of people that are willing to offer any advice you might have!

Good luck,

Ranes

Zeann said...

I loved that you came to the reunion it was just great being with you guys. Bob said on the way home "Peggy's girl's are just such incredible people" Yes you are. It's amazing how we can know you for all these years, but it takes being around you for such a little time to get acquainted and love you so much more.

"Funny how time just slips away" and so often "getting to know you" never happens. I am so grateful for the golden moments we were able to share this week and especially time to hold and love darling Bodi. Love you